Even good drivers can find themselves involved in an accident and at Ultimate Collision Repair we’ve compiled a list of 8 important actions you should take.
1. Take a deep breath and try to remain calm as you check yourself and your passengers for injuries. If major injuries are evident, immediately call 911 for assistance.
2. If there are no major injuries, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic. Turn on your flashers and if possible put out warning triangles or flares.
3. Call the police. Ask for the investigating officer’s name and contact information, as well as the accident report number for later follow-up.
4. Stand a safe distance away from your vehicle and the road while you talk to the other driver or wait for help.
5. Obtain the name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, plate number, and insurance information of any other drivers involved in the accident, along with the names of anyone with injuries and any witnesses.
6. If it’s safe to do so and you have a camera, take photos of the scene. Keep in mind that your cell phone may have a camera function. You might also draw a diagram showing the position of each car.
7. Contact your insurer to report the accident.
8. Contact us at Ultimate Collision Repair.